We are currently recruiting for a Materials Buyer to work for an established residential organisation.
The role is to work across multiple high spec residential developments based out of their West London office. Previous experience working in a Buyer role on residential projects is essential. Some elements of the projects incorporate extensive landscaping package illustrating the variety in projects.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing business with exciting growth plans. The role also offers excellent remuneration for the right candidate.
Key Skills/ Responsibilities: Buyer
• Good understanding of building technology and construction processes
• Sourcing, tender package review, tender, negotiation and contract drafting for high value and risk categories
• Sourcing and developing with the supply chain, products and innovations that save time and reduce cost to the business through added value and value engineering
• Managing main categories across company sites, setting the strategy for the business
• Developing stronger purchasing leverage over strategic categories
• Review of Pre-qualification Questionnaires, Profiling strategic suppliers using purchasing tools for financial, technical, service and company compatibility assessments
• Ensure the award of orders takes into account past performance, best use of capacities and skills
• Coordinate Purchasing with sites and Purchasing teams to ensure timely and secure and cost effective process
• Assisting the Commercial Department in offering competitive prices on categories proposed for project tenders
• Managing subcontractor and supplier relationships
• Organised, with good time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
Due to the location of their Cambridgeshire offices, this position is commutable from Huntingdon, Peterborough, Ramsey, St Neots, St Ives, Swavesey, Bar Hill, Papworth, Cambourne, Cambridge, Ely, Bedford, Kettering and Royston.
For registration purposes please could you let us know where you are currently based or which locations you are considering as well as your required salary and notice period.
Please send a Microsoft Word version of your CV where possible, excluding textboxes or images, as this can affect the consultant’s job matching process and therefore your details may not be picked up for a role.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org