We’re working with an innovative organisation on the outskirts of Cambridge, currently going through an extended period of growth, who are searching for a new member for their team. On track to turnover their biggest ever year, they need some support to help them take the business to the next level. This is not just a job; this is an opportunity to take a role in a growing entrepreneurial organisation with amazing career opportunities.
Reporting into the Directors, Tasks and responsibilities of the Logistics Manager will include but won’t be limited to:
- To make cost efficiencies when importing from the Far East
- Plan all import shipments – up to 20 containers a month
- Look at 3rd party warehousing cost and benefits
- Be point of contact for all UK courier companies (currently Royal Mail, DX and DPD), arrange review meetings and renegotiate rates.
- Stock balancing between warehouse locations
- Look to streamline, bring cost saving and efficiencies in sending stock to Amazon – manage all Amazon shipments with a focus on cost efficiencies
In terms of experience, ideally but not essentially you will have the following:
- Experience with dealing with Far East container shipments, including efficiency planning
- Strong analytical & excel skills
- Confident negotiator
- Experience dealing with haulage and freight companies with in the UK and internationally
- Experience dealing with a range of courier companies
- Be happy to review current processes / costs and take change of making improvements
- Experience within a multi-warehouse business
- Able to work independently and self-sufficiently
- Some experience in dealing with 3P warehousing (preferred)
This is a fantastic opportunity to take a position at an innovative organisation going from strength to strength. Due to the location of the company, this position is commutable from Peterborough, Cambridge, Sawston, Huntingdon, St Ives, Kings Lynn, Bury St Edmunds, Newmarket, Soham, Corby and St Neots.
For registration purposes please could you let us know where you are currently based or which locations you are considering as well as your required salary and notice period.
Please upload a Microsoft Word version of your CV where possible, excluding textboxes or images, as this can affect the consultant’s job matching process and therefore your details may not be picked up for a role.