We are looking for a Head of Procurement to join a leading Construction business in London.
You will be contributing to the governance, structure and ethics of the Procurement department, correct deployment of resources to meet all customer requirements, and ensuring a consistently high standard of performance is expected and achieved from all procurement staff.
As head of function – You will have both internal and external recognition as an expert and will be responsible for driving the sourcing process, supplier risk management, and collaboration with business leadership to develop category procurement strategies across all levels of the business.
What’s on offer:
• Competitive Salary
• Great career progression
• Generous benefits package
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
• Develop plans with functional and business unit leadership to achieve aggressive annual cost reduction targets, improve supplier performance, and implement continuous improvement plans across indirect spend.
• Develop robust category plans that shape the team’s priorities and track actual against planned progress, ensuring due cognisance of the requirements and inputs from the other Procurement Teams
• Leverage the business’s scale through sourcing, demand management, and best practices through internal and external networking.
• Implement robust Supplier Relationship Management processes for existing and future requirements, ensuring metrics, governance, and actions are in place for continuous improvement.
• Become a trusted advisor to senior executives, able to influence expenditure in areas that are not sourced in the traditional sense due to circumstances involving high degrees of confidentiality, high degrees of functional specialisation, and relationships between executives and suppliers.
Qualification/ Skills & Attributes:
• Knowledge of the Category Management tools and processes is critical.
• Has the technical skill combined with sufficient gravitas to be recognised as a subject matter expert
• Highly customer focused and concerned with meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
• Highly results oriented. Keeps the organisation on track and delivery oriented.
• CIPS Qualified
Due to the location of the organisation, it is essential that you have your own transport. The role is commutable from areas such as: Dagenham, Upminster, Brentwood, Ilford, Barking, Romford, Stratford and Cheshunt.
For registration purposes please could you let us know where you are currently based or which locations you are considering as well as your required salary and notice period.
Please send a Microsoft Word version of your CV where possible, excluding textboxes or images, as this can affect the consultant’s job matching process and therefore your details may not be picked up for a role.