The Head of Buying will be responsible for managing the department and creating and delivering the long term strategic plan within the business. Responsibilities include working alongside branded alcohol suppliers, improving commercial performance of category, and creating exclusive agreements to improve customer proposition.
The client are a well known, branded FMCG Retail and Wholesale Business based in Milton Keynes. They have a great reputation in the industry with both customers and suppliers a like have recently experienced significant growth both organically and through acquisition, showing they are serious about expanding their footprint and market share.
As Head of Buying you will be responsible for
• Leading the BWS category, in terms of strategy, commercial performance, supplier acquisition and negotiation and team management
• Liaising with senior management team to present strategy and enlist assistance from relevant support functions
• Driving category growth, through exclusive partnerships, specialist products and value adds to improve customer proposition and acquisition.
• Recruiting, managing and upskilling your subordinates in the BWS team and ensuring they are fully briefed and prepared to complete tasks at the optimal level
The Successful Head of Buying will
• Have a great BWS network, having worked in this category previously
• Have great experience within buying, having progressed to a senior leadership position in their career, managing teams and category strategy
• Be an extremely strong stake holder manager, both internally and externally, working through to MD/CEO level when required.
• Have the drive and eagerness to succeed and deliver growth where possible and have a creative flair when spotting commercial opportunities.
• Want to work in an exciting growing retailer.
• Be able to commute to Milton Keynes on a daily basis
The Successful Head of Buying will be working with an exciting retail business in Milton Keynes. They will be paid a competitive package depending on experience, track record and ability to grow a business unit and significantly improve commercial performance and overall business profitability. They will be based in Amazing offices in Central Milton Keynes and be able to work with some of the most exciting people in the industry
Due to the location of this role, it would be best suited to those located in Aylesbury, Milton Keynes, Tring, Amersham, High Wycombe, Bicester and Oxford.
For registration purposes please could you let us know where you are currently based or which locations you are considering as well as your required salary and notice period.
Please upload a Microsoft Word version of your CV where possible, excluding textboxes or images, as this can affect the consultant’s job matching process and therefore your details may not be picked up for a role.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com