An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the team at one of our leading retail clients. They are an award-winning company specialising in supplying exceptional food products to the UK on-trade.
As Buying Assistant you will report to the Purchasing Director and be part of a team of 5 who work across buying and supply chain to source product, strengthen our range and buy for less whilst reducing risk and cementing availability.
For the right candidate this role offers progression and buying responsibility, rewards and recognition. The purchasing team have years of trade experience between them and include a CILT graduate, as such they are ideally placed to support the development of the Buying Assistant into an accomplished and rounded purchasing professional.
Key responsibilities include:
• Product development
• Commercial Opportunity
• Purchase account management
Identifying alternative suppliers; research and plan trade fairs and other in region visits
Collate and communicate product selling points
Prepare detailed reports
Obtain pricing proposals from suppliers
Support during negotiations and/or take responsibility for a specific region/country
Occasionally place/amend purchase orders
• Ability to manage several projects and work to tight deadlines
• Highly numerate and strong grasp of MS Excel
• Great communicator and relationship manager
• Competitive, determined, tenacious
• Sound negotiation skills
• Full driving license (valid in the UK)
• Prepared to travel abroad (based in NW10, some travel abroad)
• Ability to assess quality & value in wine
• Commercial responsibility and accountability i.e. selling/buying/brand management
• Fluency in 1 or more of French, Italian or Spanish
• Knowledge of sustainability of supply chain and environment
• Experience in import/export issues such as customs & excise, currency and shipping
• HACCP and audit expertise
Other benefits include:
• 23 days’ holiday entitlement that increases with service to 26 days and time off in lieu of any weekend working
• Stakeholder pension scheme
• Discounts on our great range of wines
• Funded and/or part funded professional development courses
This is a great opportunity to join a fun and fast-paced working environment! Due to the location of the office this role is commutable from March, Wisbech, Oundle, Huntingdon, St Neots, Peterborough, Chatteris and most parts of Cambridgeshire.
For registration purposes please could you let us know where you are currently based or which locations you are considering as well as your required salary and notice period.
Please send us a Microsoft Word version of your CV where possible, excluding textboxes or images, as this can affect the consultant’s job matching process and therefore your details may not be picked up for a role.