We are currently working with a leading national law firm who are searching for a Business Development Manager to join their team in a permanent capacity. The firm is renowned for its outstanding service to national and international clients, for its collaborative culture and for its deep sector expertise. The role can be based out of Birmingham, Cambridge, Manchester or Norwich.
As a Business Development Adviser, you will be responsible for 3 main components:
- Responsibility for managing BD and marketing for the following sector groups; health, government and charities. You will be responsible for the identification of BD opportunities and pipeline management. A key part of the role will require you to coach and provide high quality and effective business development advice for partners and lawyers across the business. You will take ownership of all projects and initiatives, ensuring they are executed successfully whether by yourself or by other members of the marketing team.
- Supporting the Head of BD on the development and implementation of the firm’s BD and sales initiatives, processes and strategies in line with the firm’s business plan and objectives. The successful applicant will need to be a creative thinker and innovator and possess strong interpersonal and communication skills to ensure that successful strategies and best practices are implemented across the firm.
- Management and development of a number of BD team members based across multiple offices. This includes leading, coaching and motivating the team to provide the highest levels of service provision, with the primary aims focused on supporting partners and lawyers to win and retain business.
In terms of experience, ideally but not essentially you will have the following:
- A solid educational background, ideally with a relevant degree or Marketing qualification
- Proven business development and sales management experience from law, accountancy or the wider professional services sector
- Sound working knowledge, and understanding of the business marketplace
- Strong commercial acumen: understanding of our business and our clients and their requirements
- Exceptional communication and networking skills to enhance the strong relationships already in place, as well as influencing decision makers
- Ability to manage multiple projects whilst at the same time prioritising critical tasks
This is a fantastic opportunity to take a position at an innovative organisation going from strength to strength. Due to the location of the company, this position is commutable from Birmingham, Cambridge, Leeds, Manchester or Norwich.
For registration purposes please could you let us know where you are currently based or which locations you are considering as well as your required salary and notice period.
Please upload a Microsoft Word version of your CV where possible, excluding textboxes or images, as this can affect the consultant’s job matching process and therefore your details may not be picked up for a role.