We are working with a market leader in the lead generation sector who are on the search for a Business Development Consultant to join their commercial team. You will be responsible for generating new B2B sales; from prospecting for opportunities to getting agreements signed and sales closed.
Key responsibilities for the Business Development Consultant will include but aren’t limited to:
- Identifying and evaluating new business opportunities through to close that facilitate the expansion of the business
- Managing the entire sales process from lead generation, bid submission, presentation, and contractual negotiations
- Developing strong relationships with decision makers and other operators through regular contact, dialogue, meetings and networking with key influencers
- Providing management information on sales performance and the pipeline/activities
- Supporting the expansion into new verticals through new business activity and the nurturing of channel partnerships
- Attend exhibitions and industry seminars when required, with emphasis on selling to key decision makers or networking activity that supports lead generation
Key skills desirable in candidates applying for this role:
- Previous sales experience
- Accomplished at achieving sales targets
- Excellent knowledge of market products and services
- Excellent Presentation skills with confidence to present to different levels
- Excellent understanding of sales strategies, processes and procedures
- Capable of building and maintaining strong client and peer relationships
- Foresight to look ahead, looking at market analysis (Demand, competitors, technology and regulations)
- Excellent knowledge of sales channels
- Knowledge of bid techniques/tender process
- Practiced in contract negotiation
This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven Business Development Consultant. Due to the location of the company, this position is commutable from Peterborough, Cambridge, Sawston, Huntingdon, St Ives, Kings Lynn, Bury St Edmunds, Newmarket, Soham, Corby and St Neots.
For registration purposes please could you let us know where you are currently based or which locations you are considering as well as your required salary and notice period.
Please upload a Microsoft Word version of your CV where possible, excluding textboxes or images, as this can affect the consultant’s job matching process and therefore your details may not be picked up for a role.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com